THINGS TO DO IN BOULDER
The Short List
Here's a Google Map (We dropped a few pins of the spots below!)
Pearl Street - famous outdoor shopping / eating / playing
Food & Drink
Mountain Sun - Craft beers, brewery tours & pub grub plus folk, acoustic & bluegrass music some nights.
Upslope Brewing Company - Microbrewery in a business park offering food trucks, live music & tours as well as 20-plus beers.
Sanitas - Industrial-chic taproom with a seasonal outdoor patio serving tacos & rotating house-brewed beers.
Rayback Collective - An array of mobile food vendors outdoors & a beer garden indoors, plus live music & mountain views.
Snooze - Vibrant, retro chain serving a seasonal menu of creative breakfast & lunch fare, plus cocktails.
- Boulder Beer on Walnut - Established microbrewery offering a tavern setting, serving beer, pub grub & more.
Tours & Misc
Celestial Seasonings tour - Visit the Celestial Seasonings headquarters in Boulder, Colorado and enjoy a guided tea tour.
Boulder Beer Brewery Tour - Established microbrewery offering free tours & beer samples, a tavern serving pub grub & more.
Trident Booksellers and Cafe - Local bookstore-cafe with outdoor seating, plus readings, live concerts & plays.
- There are trails all over Boulder, Nederland (town about 30 min up the canyon), and Golden.
- Many Trails begin at Chatauqua Trailhead. Hikes range in time from 45 min-3 hours. Some of the most popular are The Royal Arch Trail and The First Flatiron. For more information and to see a list of trails: https://bouldercolorado.gov/osmp/chautauqua-trailhead
- Another Boulder Favorite with beautiful views of the city is Mt. Sanitas. About 3 miles round trip, this is popular for both hiking and running. https://bouldercolorado.gov/osmp/mount-sanitas-trailhead
- For a longer hike with views to Rocky Mountain National Park, Bear Peak is stunning and an awesome introduction to Colorado (8 miles round trip). There are two trailheads to choose from. For detailed directions, check out http://www.summitpost.org/bear-peak/151499
- If you want to take a drive, Rocky Mountain National Park is only about an hour drive from campus and has many different hiking and site seeing options!
- Rec center
- Heritage Center Old Main
- Natural History Museum
- UMC - bookstore
- Idea Forge
- Folsom Field